A big thanks to all our recent donors!
McGregor Clan are a Scottish Maroon tribe that arrived in Atlantis Nyan-Ko-Pong(God with us) Xaymaca(Jamaica) in the year 1800's from having to flee Scotland from persecution. They intermarried with other Maroon tribes from Ghana who were Ashanti Maroons living in :Nyan-Ko-Pong :Xaymaca(Jamaica).
1. Agriculture –· Building worker coops, [ ] Research and Development of new products and markets [ ]· Farmer with land [ ] Acreage____ Farmer without land [ ] · Food Recipes [ ] Healing Herbs [ ]· Create small farmer training and resources [ ]· Research and development, identification of markets, import/export, distribution. · Investment in Agriculture Projects [ ]
2. Culture –· Ourstory, collecting our history – Oral history project to the written word. [ ] · Food from our culture [ ] Herbs and healing [ ]· Artist [ ] Writers [ ] Song Writers [ ] Poets [ ] Musicians [ ] Sculptors etc to create works to uplift the Maroon people. [ ] Writers of Books for children and adults. [ ] Plays to educate the people [ ] · Create the National Anthem [ ] · Rites of Passage [ ]· Eco-Tourism (Identification of Maroon sites) [ ] · Spirituality [ ]· Host fundraisers for the Maroon Heritage Trust Fund
3. Education – Ministry of Intelligence· Identify issues concerning education, policy and legislation that impacts youth in the Maroon Diaspora towards the implementation of a Maroon Centered Education. · Curriculum creation based on a Montessori style and project based learning and team building· Create Reading list. · Creation of STEEAAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Agriculture, Arts Math) and the Trades Curriculum. Mind – Body – Spirit· Language academy ( early exposure to multiple languages and strengthening of our creole languages, twi, koramanti etc) Sign Language· Identify online resources· Rites of Passage · Fundraising for our schools
4. Economics/Fund Raising · Identifying businesses and funding sources to create new business opportunities for the Global Maroon people,· Identify and/or provide Entrepreneurship training· Identifying Funding for startups including fundraisers for the Maroon Heritage Trust· Design Economically sustainable projects· Implement Power Center to provide wrap around services
5. Elder Council (Age 55+) · Create an elder agenda · Advice local Maroon Council · Wisdom keepers and Legacy builders willing to pass on the traditions and skills of Maroon people to the next generation. Stories, Oral history Project. Mentoring .
6. Event Planning · Work with existing Maroon, African, African American, Caribbean and Afro –Latino organizations to create quarterly forums on issues of importance to the community with a focus on the youth, economic development, community empowerment, cultural, trade and political awareness, etc. · Host Cultural Heritage and Funding events for the Maroon Heritage Fund· Create Calendar of annual Maroon People events.
7. Health · Creation of a local holistic health agenda, including herbal, scientific and spiritual healing.· Mind- Body –Spirit· Reparations – self repair · Reparations – (Misplacement / Forced Labor / Occupation ) has created many diseases which must be remedied (Hypertension, Heart disease, HIV-AIDS, post traumatic slave syndrome and mental illness etc.)
8. Legal – Indigenous and Human rights · Help with legal action to support our indigenous rights – research, writing, getting training , filing actions· Human Rights training · Sitting on Diaspora· Know your rights training [ ] Legal background [ ] Indigenous Rights [ ] · Familiar with UN agencies [ ] Identify funding for development projects [ ] Write well and understand legalese [ ]
9. Natural Resource / Environment · Identify Natural Resources in the areas you live· Research to get a better understanding of what has happened to them. · Create a Sustainable plan for use of our natural resources. · Legal action /marketing
10. Public Relations / Outreach and Recruitment· Creation of outreach and marketing materials· Recruitment. Willing to be trained. Host presentations.
11. Political · Helping to shape the Maroon government – look at the Constitution· Political leadership development· Research issues and create policies that affect Maroon people locally and globally
12. Research · Identifying research and best practices, issues on Maroons, African Diaspora and Africa
13. Youth Council – Restricted to youth 7-25, · Creation of a Youth Agenda and Youth Council · Identifying the needs of youth – history, culture, skills, entertainment, training needs etc· Identifying and connecting with Youth organizations on college campuses worldwide · Youth Leadership Development / Mentorships · Social media, technology
14. Technology / Social Media· Website development [ ] · Searchable Database of people and articles · Create Apps to move Maroon Agenda · Do phone surveys · Willing to train others [ ]